Ladies Only: India Fabric Food & Fabulous + Diwali 2017
Colour, Spice, Chaos, Spirituality, History, Beauty, Art & Architecture – India offers travellers all of this in abundance and more. A completely unique 11 day adventure,on this special journey, only 10 ladies are invited to join Natasha Sinclair, owner of the boutique travel wholesaler, Indafrica Travel Marketing, for 11 days visiting India’s Golden Triangle and Mumbai.
11 days from NZ$6595.00 per person, twin share land only + domestic flight Jaipur/Mumbai approx NZ$170.00 per person, No compulsory single supplement if willing to share
tour departs: Delhi, Saturday 14th October 2017 ending in Mumbai, Tuesday 24th October 2017. Guaranteed departure.
- Celebrate Diwali "The Festival of Lights" in Jaipur with our hosts at Dera Mandawa.
- Create our own block print scarves in Bagru under the watchful eye of a master 'chhippa'.
- Tribal Warli Art Workshop in Mumbai with a local Warli artist.
- Our welcome dinner at Indian Accent in Delhi, currently one of the top 50 restaurants in the world.
- Sightseeing in Delhi, Agra (the Taj), Jaipur & Mumbai.
- Discover the world of Mumbai by Dawn including the Fish Auctions at Sassoon Docks, Vegetable & Flower Markets followed by a traditional Marathi breakfast with a local family.
- Taste various regional and cultural cuisines including Punjabi, Parsi, Rajasthani, Southern Indian, Naga, Marathi plus the very best in fusion cuisine at Indian Accent in Delhi and Bombay Canteen in Mumbai.
- Rajasthani Cooking Class in Jaipur.
- Bollywood Dancing.
- Fabulous Shopping Delhi & Jaipur.
- Well located Superior 4.5-5 star accommodation throughout including a Boutique Heritage Stay in Jaipur.
Natasha is passionate about combining a slower pace of travel, with learning and sustainability. She actively seeks out experiences that are firmly rooted in conservation, and preserve wildlife or indigenous arts and cultures in Africa and India. This is not a “Grand Tour” of India; however, it is the perfect introduction for the first time traveller to India, or those who want to return to India for a more in-depth experience. Travelling in as a small group of just ten plus Natasha, you can participate in and get access to places that larger group tours cannot.
On this boutique itinerary, you will:
- Discover a side of Delhi that you probably didn’t know existed - neighbourhoods that are hotbeds for the creativity of a young India. Melting pots of quirky shops, galleries, gardens and street art.
- Explore Old Delhi, the crowded streets and bazaars on foot and by rickshaw. Stock up on delectable goodies at Asia’s largest spice market
- See some of India’s most iconic architecture – Humayun’s Tomb, the deserted city of Fatephur Sikri, Agra & Amber Fort and the mind-blowing beauty of the Taj Mahal
- Celebrate Diwali – The Festival of Light in Jaipur with our hosts at Dera Mandawa including special illuminations, fireworks, Laxmi puja (Goddess of wealth), vegetarian dinner and Rajasthani folk music
- Have a hands-on experience creating your own block print fabric and cooking a Rajasthani meal in Jaipur
- Discover the soul of Mumbai – a whole world that disappears before 8am.
- Take part in an art workshop that directly helps with the preservation of Warli, an important yet threatened form of Indian tribal art.
- Have some fun (and no doubt, laughs) at a Bollywood dancing lesson.
At the Heart of this Journey is the Food. India has a rich and diverse culinary history and on this tour, we will get to sample a number of different cuisines. Delhi and Mumbai are real foodie hotspots and you can find excellent examples of regional cuisines as well as those that are more local. On this journey, you will sample food from the Punjab, South India, Rajasthan, Nagaland, Konkan as well as Mughlai, Zoroastrian and traditional Marathi fare. Our welcome dinner is at arguably the best Indian Fusion restaurant in the World, in fact Indian Accent is the only Indian restaurant to feature on the S.Pellegrino Top50 Restaurants of the World List for 2016. We also get to sample some inspired modern takes on dishes that are part of the food fabric of Mumbai at Bombay Canteen, Culinary Director and Mumbai boy Flloyd Cardoz is a USA Top Chef Masters winner.
Terms & Conditions; Special Notes. Please note that some of the sights/itinerary may change due to season, weather, national holidays and special events. · Check-In time is 1400 Hrs and Check-Out time is 1200 hrs noon in India. · Rates include only those items which are specifically mentioned in the detailed itinerary. · Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels. In the event of any of the abovementioned hotels not being available, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement / reduction whatever applicable) to you. www.indafrica.co.nz · In case on any currency fluctuations or changes in local Government taxes, or any fuel hikes, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly. The increase or decrease will be communicated accordingly. · Please note the current pricing is based upon the existing tax structure in India. The Government of India has initiated a major tax reform programme to move to a common goods and services tax across India which is likely to be implemented from 01st of April 2017. We are unsure at this point how this is going to affect the travel and tourism industry but we will keep you informed as we are made aware of any changes as it may affect the quoted price. Please see our booking form for full terms and conditions.www.indafrica.co.nz