Alaska's Inside Passage Cruise with Tauck and BBC Earth Journeys 2019
New for 2019 – Earth Journeys, created by Tauck and BBC Earth – nature's premier storyteller. The hottest way to see Alaska's coolest places with Tauck.....includes an Exclusive Event Alaskan’s Inside passage is breath taking and seeing it with Tauck and BBC Earth on a small ship is exceptional. For 2019 Tauck have an exclusive event on all departures. Chris Morgan a BBC Earth veteran wildlife researcher, bear expert and TV Host will be on board sharing insights, observations and stories on the Alaskan bears grizzly bears and conservation efforts. There are only 3 departures - 20th and 27th July, and 3rd August 2019 and space is selling fast. Priced in US Dollars for 2019, From $6990.00 per person on share twin basis* Don’t let Tauck’s small ship sail without you
Alaska's Inside Passage is rich in wilderness treasures and marine life accessible only by ship. Here glaciers calve, whales breach and bears amble leisurely ashore. See them in ways other travelers can't aboard a small ship cruise crafted exclusively for up-close discoveries with the experts who know them best. Explore the wilderness by rail, kayak, raft, catamaran and more, on all included, private shore excursions. Meet the locals, from furred, finned, and feathered to dog sledders, totem carvers, crab fishermen and Tlingit natives.
For eight magical days aboard the yacht Le Soléal, cruise through Alaska's legendary Inside Passage surrounded by some of the most dramatic and wildlife-rich scenery on Earth; a perfect combination of natural and cultural history. Travel though awe-inspiring ice-capped waters; take a gentle float trip through an eagle preserve; enjoy wildlife and canoe safaris, wilderness kayaking, a sled dog experience, scenic rail journeys, and opportunities to view orcas, seals... and just possibly, the ever-elusive bears. Days are diverse, including visits to a Gold Rush city, and just possibly, the ever-elusive bears. Days are diverse, including visits to a Gold Rush city, an ancient Indian village, and Sitka National Historic Park. Your 7-night cruise aboard the luxurious Le Soléal offers all outside staterooms, a choice of dining spots, all-day complimentary beverages and more.
Travelling Well Includes:
- On-tour film vignettes custom-made for Tauck by BBC Earth natural history experts plus other select BBC Earth touches
- TAUCK EXCLUSIVE – Special presentation on all departures! Chris Morgan – wildlife researcher and TV host – shares insights, observations and stories on Alaskan grizzly bears and conservation efforts.
- Private Tauck Shore Excursions –$1,263 value!
- All gratuities to Tauck Director, ship staff, local guides, and exclusive Tauck onboard naturalist
- 8-day cruise aboard Le Soléal with a naturalist who shares expert insights
- Your cruise may be a shared ship experience with non-Tauck guests onboard as well; all Tauck guests will be accompanied by one Tauck Director for approximately every 40 Tauck guests, and your itinerary will always be highlighted by exclusive, private Tauck shore excursions
- Vintage rail journey to White Pass Summit
- Wildlife safari at Chilkat Lake
- Visit to a sled-dog camp outside Skagway
- Visit to a Tlingit village and float trip at Alaska Chilkat Eagle Preserve
- Catamaran sail and crab fishing at George Inlet
- Visit to the Alaska Raptor Center in Haines
- Visit to the Saxman Native Village in Ketchikan
- Kayaking at Tongass National Forest
- Cruise aboard a commercial fishing boat, Aleutian Ballad
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are available throughout the day aboard ship, including house wines & spirits; premium spirits and wines are available at extra cost
- 20 meals, applicable fuel surcharges, service charges, porterage and most taxes
Subject to Terms and Conditions of Tauck and Ponant Cruises. Land / Cruise Price includes everything described in General Information as well as Tauck shore excursions, cruise fare, port charges, applicable fuel surcharges, entertainment and gratuities to Tauck Director and ship staff. Departures will be hosted by one Tauck Director for approximately every 40 guests. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are available throughout the day aboard ship including house wines and spirits; premium spirits and wines are available at extra cost. Tauck Exclusive special presentation on all departures! Chris Morgan – wildlife researcher and TV host – shares insights, observations and stories on Alaskan grizzly bears and conservation efforts. Note: Your cruise may be a shared ship experience with non-Tauck guests onboard as well; all Tauck guests will be accompanied by one Tauck Director for approximately every 40 Tauck guests, and your itinerary will always be highlighted by exclusive, private Tauck shore excursions *For activities marked with an asterix (*) in day-by-day descriptions, participation is at your own risk, and a signed liability waiver will be required.